Thursday 28 January 2021

Ron's Experience of TM

I must admit I came into Transcendental Meditation with a fair bit of apprehension, trepidation and definitely a skeptical mind.  Turning up to learn was a bit daunting, not knowing what was in front of me either with who I was meeting or indeed what I was letting myself in for.  I did have confidence in my belief because of the research I had done in both looking at TM online and with the introductory talk with Norma at the Glasgow Centre on a zoom meeting and indeed with Jackie who made zoom contact after I had shown interest just after the New Year.  That was probably what made me decide this was for me as Jackie explained the whole process so calmly and precisely.

This was the best move I made, making contact with the nearest teachers of TM living in the North East of Scotland. It was a relief to know that there was someone nearby to be able to turn to and get advice from. That leads me on to saying how true and professional that advice was right from the start.

I have had serious back issues most of my working days and for the last 18 months due to wear and tear over 40 years of working as a car mechanic finding my back in different twisted positions the issues have become a lot worse. We all have our crosses to bear I know, but through many months of Chiropractic sessions and Somatic movement lessons I felt that I needed something or indeed someone else to help me through my battle. My Somatics Instructor also recognised this during our Zoom meetings and it was Jahna who recommended and introduced me to researching TM.  The Somatic sessions and TM together work in perfect harmony.

That is down to the pure professionalism and dedication shown to me by my TM Instructors, Duncan and Jackie Paterson. They have been an absolute god send to me. As I mentioned earlier about the apprehension, trepidation and skepticism, well after my first 3 days of practicing TM they have all been blown away. I am still very much in the early learning process of this experience but going on what I have been taught by Duncan and Jackie so far, I am so excited to keep learning. My sleep has improved, my Somatic Movements have become easier to do and I am doing them more methodically which can only assist me in fighting this back pain. I am walking with the least pain I have had in the last 18 or so months. Six months ago I could not walk round my house. Yesterday my wife and I enjoyed a two and a half mile walk in the winter wonderland of Aden Park, Mint law.

I’m not saying that TM has been the main contributing factor to this but in the short time already, it has made me less anxious regarding my condition. Indeed my Somatic and Chiropractic sessions have had a physical involvement in my recovery but in this short time I feel that TM has given that edge I needed on the Psychological side of things.

I’d better stop rambling, but again this is down to TM, there is no way I would have been able to sit and write all this in one go before. My mind seems much more alert!!!

Thank you so much for letting me experience this adventure, I am so grateful to you all and look forward to our future TM connections. Thank you, keep well and stay safe.

Ron M, 11/1/21

1 comment: